Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Little Brother, Brandon, R.I.P. Sept 8, 1973 - July 14, 2012


My Little Brother, Brandon, R.I.P. Sept 8, 1973 - July 14, 2012
Originally uploaded by Douglas Remington - Ethereal Light™ Photography

Brandon Reynolds, my little Brother. Sept 8, 1973 - July 14, 2012 - May you rest in peace. Brandon was an amazingly animated soul who was unique, and funny. Like my he was interested in the mysteries in life. He has fought many battles and probably lived longer than he should had. I was there in the E.R. room many years ago when the surgeon had his hand inside his chest cavity massaging his heart back to life from multiple stab wounds. The surgeon told me he should not had survived that, but he did. He was a "former" Marine. Brandon has been practicing Shoaling Kung Fu for something like 10 years. He was training for a marathon when he found out he had a very aggressive form of cancer. He worked on a printing press and was breathing solvents, and I believe that is what triggered this. But it does not matter now. He fought the big fight, all the way to the end. He did not want to go. He is a newlywed. A little more than a week ago he was giving pep talks to Ellie who has cancer as well. Past several days he declined rapidly and was in hospice at home. We stayed with him, we comforted him. Mary, Mom, and myself told him it was O.K., and that is was time now. He was holding both my hand and his beautiful and amazing wife's hand, with family by his side when he took his final breath. It is a hell of a thing to watch someone you love die over a period of several days, and to take their final breath. It is also a privilege. I am physically and emotionally exhausted. Thank you to all who have given me and my family support through all of this.

~dr