Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Black and white dream, San Joaquin, Ecuador


Black and white dream, San Joaquin, Ecuador
Originally uploaded by Douglas Remington - Ethereal Light™

Puffy white clouds dance in the mottled light of the San Joaquin valley.

This is one of several images I made on this fine morning. I was visiting my friend, Mohan, in Loja province of Ecuador. There are trails right from his house. I got up at 4:30 in the morning and started hiking up in the Andes in the dark. It can be kind of spooky out there, your headlamp lights up all kinds of creatures eyeballs staring at you. You have to be mindful of fer-de-lance snakes (which will kill you), Ocelots, Banditos (yes robbers!) and a host of other dangers. I climbed about three thousand feet (started at five thousand). The weather was so perfect. I didn't even need a shirt. In addition to this image I was rewarded with quite the light show, which I will share in the near future.

Cheers!

~dr