Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hello, it's me again!


Hello, it's me again!
Originally uploaded by Douglas Remington - Ethereal Light™

Thanks for all the flickrmail asking for more photos of the man behind the camera. In general I don't care for most photos of myself. But I will post some here and it will be a long time before I do it again, lol!

Some things about myself you might not know. Let's see. I was raised on a farm in western Oregon. Have always been into the arts my whole life. I play guitar. I used to have an exclusive contract with an old large west coast art gallery where I was replacing a prominent landscape photographer. I left that contract early on bad terms. So those missing years of me are because of that. Never ever sign an exclusive contract for a period of time. All promises of marketing your work will not be carried out!

I've also been used as a photographic forensic expert for the state of Oregon. I was a jeweler (yes ladies, diamonds are a huge scam!) and a bladesmith at one time, however I gave those arts up to focus on my photography and school. I'm in a 7 year philosophical and natural sciences school (5 years into it).

Let's see what else? Im the creator of  http://www.traditionalmead.com/ and teach fermentation sciences on a regular basis. I nearly died of cancer when I was a child, and have had several close calls out in the wilderness. But here I am stronger than ever. I think that's it for now. Cheers! ~dr