Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mammatocumulus cloudgasm


Mammatocumulus cloudgasm
Originally uploaded by Douglas Remington - Ethereal Light™

This is without a doubt in the top 10 best light shows I have ever photographed, if not in the top 5. We have a nice mixture of rare mammatocumulus clouds and the remnants of crepuscular rays. The scene I knew was so unique that I wanted an ultra-high resolution capture of it so I made 17 exposures and manually stitched them together. I worked fast and luckily the light hung in there as I worked the scene horizontally and vertically with a 70-200 mm lens at 70mm @f6.3. When stitching, I manually set my own control points, so it does take some labor to achieve however the results are that I can blow the image up as big as a house! :) Image made in Verboort Oregon.


~dr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.