Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Touch of Monet


A Touch of Monet
Originally uploaded by Douglas Remington - Ethereal Light™

I was on a hike in the Olympic mountains in Washington State with my Cousin, Alan, Mei-ling, and Jim, when I injured myself. I told the others to go ahead and come back for me in a few days. They wouldn't hear of it, and so the adventure was ruined. We decided to go back home and do the climb another time. On the drive back, well nature was calling so we pulled over and came across this field of "wildflowers" - the greatest field of colour I have seen to date. I thought about how to capture it in different ways. Tried wide angle shots, different comps, and ultimately decided on compressing the colors with the big glass; time for the 400mm! Who photographs flowers with a 400mm lens? I do!

The effect is not a Photoshop one, but an in camera technique with no lens filters. To this day, this has been my biggest seller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.