Friday, May 28, 2010

Alpine Lunar Magic


Alpine Lunar Magic
Originally uploaded by Douglas Remington - Ethereal Light™

So I was hiking past spray park in Mt. Rainier, with plans to camp out pretty high on the mountain (past timberline). The day was getting late and the light fading, when all of a sudden the most gorgeous pink sunset I had ever seen broke out! And to top it off a full moon started to appear. I was using a Nikon n8008s because of its lightness. In panic mode I quickly pulled my 400mm prime lens (ya I know I'm one of those weirdoes who climbs with a 400 mm lens; one can never be to prepared!) and it slipped out of my hands and smashed the lcd (these were new back then) on my camera. My light meter, info, everything gone. But it would still shoot, so I guessed the exposure and shot 2 images and then the show was gone. The moon was so bright later, that I kept tramping into the night and slept up on a ridge without a tent listening to coyotes and elk through the night; wonderfully magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.