Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Temple of the Sun.

Temple of the Sun.

The ranger said I would never make it through the miles of jeep track in my 1965 Plymouth Barracuda while trying to get to Cathedral valley in Capitol Reef NP, Utah. I made it to the cathedral valley mid day in the early spring. The light was flat and no one around. So I soaked up the sun and waited for the storm which came in the evening. I made my images and then drove like hell to get out before I got stuck in the rain and mud. It was hard not to hit the cows throughout the night. They shouldn't be in a national park, and they had destroyed the wild grasses and tore up much of the intermittent streams. Driving a vehicle in these beautiful sensitive areas has a price to pay as well.

http://ethereallight.com/Landscapes/Nature-and-Landscapes/8806786_YtCTZ#580693110_HsUuZ-A-LB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.